- Corporate carpools are a great forum for networking and socializing.
- When employees carpool to work, it is a proven stress reducer, as it allows passengers to take their attention off the road and focus on productive activities or enjoyable diversion.
- Employees that carpool to work enjoy financial savings by reducing fuel expenses and vehicle wear and tear.
- Every employee meet their Corporate Social Responsibility bit by Carpooling.
- Employee productivity and Job satisfaction are significantly increasing when a carpool to work solution is organized within companies.
- Researches have shown that carpooling can have very positive effects on employee productivity and job satisfaction.
- Commuters who carpool to work tend to report lower levels of stress, and arrive at work more energized and ready to take on the challenges of the day.
Prospective employees are choosing to work for companies that reflect their personal values. This is especially true for the millennial generation, who will soon make up the majority of the workforce.
The young, talented, tech-savvy individuals are poised to play a major role in the evolution of 21st century enterprise. Such programs send a key signal about company values, which are increasingly important in talent attraction and retention.
Carpools will also naturally encourage the employees to be more punctual. Ordinarily, each employee is responsible for his or her own travel to the office and may wake up late, neglect to account for traffic or bad weather conditions, or simply dawdle when coming into work.
When commuters carpool to work, other people are counting on their driver, and the employee in comparison has a higher, socially-bound sense of responsibility to stay on schedule. All of the employees will arrive more or less at the same time, resulting in a more efficient and consistent office culture.
Generally a carpool to work lasts about 30 minutes, or an hour a day round-trip, meaning the carpooling groups will spend an extra five hours a week together. That’s more than enough time for the employees to get to know each other on a personal level.
On the surface, that may not seem important, but it encourages bonding between employees and overtime, can improve the team’s morale. Ultimately, that will result in higher levels of productivity and smoother collaboration for team projects.
Overall, when employees carpool to work, it is improving many aspects of the employees’ daily life at work: sociability, productivity, punctuality and better company culture. Zify helps companies to set up a carpool to work solution, so if you want to make your employees’ daily life easier and better, get in touch with our team for more information on how to get started with our rideshare app.